The Netherlands Diplomatic Mission to Turkey and the Netherlands Institute in Turkey offer travel and accommodation grants to five admitted participants from Turkey to join the course Urban Heritage Strategies: Urban Development and Heritage Management in Port Cities.
The post-graduate course Urban Heritage Strategies: Urban Development and Heritage Management in Port Cities is offered by IHS, the Institute for Housing and Development Studies, part of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Istanbul is one of four port cities addressed in the course, with Casablanca, Alexandria and Amsterdam.
The course is intended for people engaged in urban management or heritage conservation as a government official, working for the private sector or at an NGO; working as a consultant, advisor, lecturer or academic researcher. From participants from Turkey, an in-depth knowledge of Istanbul as a World Heritage City is expected.
Part I (online): 8-17 June 2022
Part II (face-to-face): 17-26 August 2022
For all other details on the course contents, requirements and application see: https://www.ihs.nl/en/education/short-courses/urban-heritage-strategies
Please note: the Dutch government provides a full fee tuition waiver for admitted applicants from Turkey. This is separate from the travel and accommodation grant.
Travel and Accommodation Grant
The grant offered by the Netherlands Diplomatic Mission to Turkey and the Netherlands Institute in Turkey covers travel and accommodation costs directly related to the IHS course. The grant is administered via IHS.
- By the deadline of April 15, apply to participate in the Urban Heritage Strategies Course at https://www.ihs.nl/en/education/short-courses/urban-heritage-strategies
- As part of the selection procedure, you will be automatically considered for the travel and accommodation grant.
- The travel grant applications will be assessed by the representatives from the Netherlands Embassy in Ankara, the Netherlands Consulate-general in İstanbul and Netherlands Institute in Turkey.
- The selected applicants will be expected to present the outcomes of their studies at “Urban Heritage Strategies: Urban Development and Heritage Management in Port Cities” in a public event to be held in İstanbul in October or November.
- Please note that this grant opportunity is only for applicants from Turkey.